1. What information do we collect?
In operating holidaysinbritain.co.uk, we may collect and process the following data about you:
• Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you registered for information or make a purchase.
• Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
2. Who is responsible for managing my information?
3. How do we use your information?
The information you provide may be used in a number of ways, for example:
o For statistical purposes, when we analyse our services
o To personalise repeat visits to our website
o To tell you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you
o To provide you with any details or information you have requested
o To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
4. Will you share my data with third parties?
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any).
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
1. Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
2. Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
3. To assist fraud protection
Aside from the previous exceptions we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent.
5. How long will we hold your information for?
Your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website to our advertisers. Such information will not identify you personally as it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
You will find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever for linked third party websites as we have no control over them.
8. Can I access the information you have about me?
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Please note that any demand for access may be subject to payment of a fee of £10 which covers our costs in providing you with the information requested. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.
9. How can I contact you?